End-point Assessment Requirements
The knowledge requirements within the standard will be tested using a structured series of questions to assess the apprentice’s knowledge to ensure all aspects are given coverage
- Scenario-based questions
- Exam conditions apply
- Online or paper based test available
- Time limit applies (to include reading time).
Assessment of Portfolio of Evidence
The portfolio of evidence will be produced by the apprentice over the course of the programme and submitted to the independent assessor
Evidence must demonstrate the application of the knowledge, skills and behaviours within the standard
May contain written statements, reports and performance reviews produced by the apprentice
May contain observations and professional discussions recorded by the training organisation
Evidence can be presented using online or paper portfolio
The portfolio must be submitted prior to the competency based interview taking place.
Structured Competency-based Interview
The competency based interview assesses the ability to show applied learning across a range of the standard requirements
Structured interview led by the independent assessor
Can be conducted face to face, via webinar, via telephone or in a written format
The apprentice will evidence their knowledge against the standard and provide examples of job-related competency
The apprentice will reflect on their behaviour within past experiences and/or their proposed behaviour in hypothetical situations.
The professional discussion is based around development activities the apprentice has completed during their apprenticeship journey. This may include:
- Activity undertaken within the Level 3 diploma (if applicable)
- Assignments or projects produced for the portfolio of evidence
- Any formal or informal learning undertaken
- Professional discussions completed or support provided through professional bodies
- The line manager may be, but is not required to be, present during the discussion
- The discussion can be undertaken via webinar or video conferencing software if preferred
- Training provider resource library
- EPA Specification
- Apprentice Get Ready Guide
How to engage with PAL.
Engaging with PAL couldn’t be easier. Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0800 1601899. Our senior team will contact you to find out about your requirements in more detail and discuss how we might need to adapt our approach to meet your needs. Once you are happy that PAL is the right fit for your programme, we set up your account, share our library of resources and support you to register your apprentices. You can then rest assured that you have a dedicated team on hand to guide you through your EPA journey and provide a responsive service when your apprentices are ready to be assessed.