This assessment method has 3 components. The apprentice will research, design and launch a product line or menu, from concept to presentation of dishes, appropriate to the business:
● A project brief will be supplied to the apprentice by the end-point assessment organisation within 5 days of the Gateway meeting The employer will provide the EPAO with an Employer Overview at the Gateway which will provide a summary of the employer’s business context to enable the EPAO to select a suitable project for the apprentice
● The project requires the apprentice to research, design and launch a product line or menu which meets the needs of the business, is relevant to their role
● The apprentice has a maximum of 8 weeks from receiving the brief to conduct and submit their project to the EPAO
● The project has a maximum word limit of 5,000 (excluding product evidence and appendices). A tolerance of +/- 10% is allowed
● The project must allow for the inclusion of 9 identified dishes for development.
● The apprentice will deliver a presentation of their project outcomes to the end-point assessor
● The presentation will typically take 15 minutes, followed by 30 minutes of questions from the end-point assessor
● The presentation can be delivered in any format, for example, slides, mood board, sample menus, product descriptions, photos
● The practical assessment will require the apprentice to produce 4 complete dishes from the 9 identified in their project
● The total time for the practical assessment is 3 hours +10% at the discretion of the end-point assessor
● The apprentice will be asked a minimum of 8 questions by the end-point assessor within the practical assessment time.