End-point Assessment Requirements
Before an apprentice can progress to End-point Assessment, they must have achieved the relevant Functional Skills qualifications (or their equivalents). These are English, maths and (where applicable) ICT.
Level 2 apprentices are required to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications (or equivalent) and attempt Level 2 Functional Skills assessments both English and maths.
Level 3 (or Higher) apprentices are required to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications (or equivalent) in both English and maths.
On Demand Test
- 30 minutes (including reading time) on-demand, multiple choice test
- Scenario-based questions, usually completed on-screen
- Externally set and marked automatically by the assessment organisation
- Undertaken either on the employer’s premises or off site under controlled conditions.
- 2 hour observation of the apprentice in their workplace
- Observation must take place in one session, except in exceptional circumstances
- Must demonstrate the apprentice’s knowledge, skills and behaviours as detailed in the Customer, Business, Communication and Brand Reputation elements of the apprenticeship standard
- Can also cover wider aspects of the standard.
- A structured, 60 minute discussion between the apprentice and their independent end-point assessor
- Focusing on how the apprentice has demonstrated their performance during the apprenticeship and their overall achievement of the knowledge, skills and behaviours detailed in the standard
- The discussion will be led by the independent assessor and the agenda will be communicated in advance
- The line manager is required to be present during the discussion.
- Training provider resource library
- EPA Specification
- Apprentice Get Ready Guide
How to engage with PAL.
Engaging with PAL couldn’t be easier. Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0800 1601899. Our senior team will contact you to find out about your requirements in more detail and discuss how we might need to adapt our approach to meet your needs. Once you are happy that PAL is the right fit for your programme, we set up your account, share our library of resources and support you to register your apprentices. You can then rest assured that you have a dedicated team on hand to guide you through your EPA journey and provide a responsive service when your apprentices are ready to be assessed.