End-point Assessment Requirements
On Demand Test
- 60 minutes on-demand, multiple choice test
- Scenario-based questions, usually completed on-screen
- Available grades for the test are pass or fail
- Externally set and marked by the assessment organisation
- Undertaken either on the employer’s premises or off site under controlled conditions.
- Test will cover all knowledge areas of the standard
Retail Business Project
- Based on an opportunity, problem, challenge or idea within the workplace
- Proposal developed during the on-programme phase of the apprenticeship and outlined at the initial planning meeting with the end-point assessor
- Project completed during the 12 week assessment window and presented to the end-point assessor
- Supplementary evidence provided to the end-point assessor 5 days prior to the presentation
- 30 minute presentation including question and answer session
- The apprentice must perform to distinction level in the retail business project in order to achieve an overall distinction grade for the apprenticeship.
- A structured, 60 minute discussion between the apprentice and their independent end-point assessor
- Focusing on how the apprentice has demonstrated their performance during the apprenticeship and their overall achievement of the knowledge, skills and behaviours detailed in the standard
- The discussion will be led by the independent assessor and the agenda will be communicated in advance
- The line manager is required to be present during the discussion.
- Training provider resource library
- EPA Specification
- Apprentice Get Ready Guide
How to engage with PAL.
Engaging with PAL couldn’t be easier. Simply contact us at email@example.com or on 0800 1601899. Our senior team will contact you to find out about your requirements in more detail and discuss how we might need to adapt our approach to meet your needs. Once you are happy that PAL is the right fit for your programme, we set up your account, share our library of resources and support you to register your apprentices. You can then rest assured that you have a dedicated team on hand to guide you through your EPA journey and provide a responsive service when your apprentices are ready to be assessed.