End-point Assessment Requirements
Before an apprentice can progress to End-point Assessment, they must have achieved the relevant Functional Skills qualifications (or their equivalents). These are English, maths and (where applicable) ICT.
Level 2 apprentices are required to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications (or equivalent) and attempt Level 2 Functional Skills assessments both English and maths.
Level 3 (or Higher) apprentices are required to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications (or equivalent) in both English and maths.
On Demand Test
- 60 minutes (including 10 minutes reading time) on-demand, multiple choice test
- Covers a range of knowledge from across the standard
- 30 scenario-based questions
- Out of 30, grade boundaries are 0-20 (fail), 21-25 (pass) and 26-30 (distinction).
- Externally set and marked by the assessment organisation
- Undertaken either on the employer’s premises or off site.
- 2 hour (+/- 10%) observation of the apprentice in their normal working environment
- Time may be split to cover preparation and service
- Shows apprentice covering a range of tasks across the standard
- Verbal questioning permitted (on completion of the activity, within the allocated time) to clarify observations
- Graded Pass or Fail. No distinction grade is available for this aspect of assessment.
- A structured, 40 minute (+/-10%) discussion between the apprentice and their independent end-point assessor
- Discussion agenda will be communicated in advance
- Led by the independent end-point assessor
- There is no requirement for the line manager to be present at the discussion
- Must be a minimum of 7 questions covering the period of learning and continuous assessment, coverage of the standard and, personal development and reflection.
- Training provider resource library
- EPA Specification
- Apprentice Get Ready Guide
How to engage with PAL.
Engaging with PAL couldn’t be easier. Simply contact us at email@example.com or on 0800 1601899. Our senior team will contact you to find out about your requirements in more detail and discuss how we might need to adapt our approach to meet your needs. Once you are happy that PAL is the right fit for your programme, we set up your account, share our library of resources and support you to register your apprentices. You can then rest assured that you have a dedicated team on hand to guide you through your EPA journey and provide a responsive service when your apprentices are ready to be assessed.