The portfolio of evidence will be produced by the apprentice over the course of the programme and submitted to the end-point assessment organisation at the gateway review. The portfolio will showcase the best pieces of work, enabling them to demonstrate how they have applied their knowledge and understanding in a real work environment to achieve real work objectives.
- The portfolio of evidence will typically contain 20 discrete pieces of evidence
- Evidence must be clearly mapped against the KSBs allocated to this assessment method
- Evidence may be used to demonstrate more than one KSB
- Evidence sources may include workplace documentation/records, witness statements (of direct observation), annotated photographs, video clips (maximum total duration 20 minutes)
- The portfolio should not include reflective accounts or any methods of self-assessment
The professional is based on the portfolio and must last 60 minutes (+10% at the discretion of the assessor).
- A combination of Questions from the EPAO’s question bank and bespoke questions will be asked
- The discussion must be a two-way conversation between the apprentice and the assessor
- Assessors will ask a minimum of 6 questions and may ask follow-up questions for clarification purposes.