The apprentice will demonstrate their skills, behaviours and leadership to an organisational audience.
● The apprentice must lead the observed activity which will be agreed in advance with the EPAO and employer
● The activity must be based on a real-life improvement to the apprentice’s employer and the people who use the services
● Examples of observed activities could include:
– Service development/improvement plans. For example, presenting or reporting on frontline delivery work in supporting those who use services to improve outcomes
– A response to regulatory and legislative requirements. For example, working with external partners, funders, stakeholders in the form of a meeting to plan for changes to service provision based on regulatory and legislative requirements arising from inspections
– Development of service provision, for example, in the form of presenting information or analysing data in relation to evidence-based practice to develop or improve the service provision
– Setting up new service provision, for example, presenting outcomes from market research in relation to an unmet need, financial viability and local strategic direction. This could include invitation to tender applications
● The observation must take 60 minutes. The post-observation question session will take 30 minutes and will follow the observation
● The apprentice will be asked a minimum of 4 questions following the observation
● Webinar or video conferencing software can be used if agreed in advance by the employer and EPAO
● The employer, apprentice and EPOA must comply with the requirements of the GDPR and all other safeguarding duties.