The apprentice will demonstrate their skills, behaviours and leadership to external/internal stakeholders.
● The apprentice must lead the observed activity which will be agreed in advance by the EPAO, employer and apprentice
● The activity must be based on real-life improvement to the apprentice’s employer and the people who use the services
● The apprentice can prepare for the activity in advance of the assessment. Examples of observed activities could include:
– Preparing for a best interest meeting through consultation with the care staff team
– Leading a meeting to guide and support colleagues on how to implement the required care delivery within the service to support people that use the services
– A response to regulatory and legislative requirements that specifically impact upon how the needs of people that use the services
– Development of service provision so that it can improve service delivery to more effectively meet the needs and aspirations of the people that use the services
● The observation will typically last for 75 minutes, comprised of 60 minutes direct observation plus 15 minutes of post-observation questioning
● The apprentice will be asked a minimum of 3 questions following the observation
● Webinar or video conferencing software can be used if agreed in advance by the employer and EPAO
● The employer, apprentice and EPAO must comply with the requirements of the GDPR and all other safeguarding duties.