End-point Assessment Requirements
On Demand Test
- 2 hour (including 30 minutes reading time) on-demand, multiple choice test
- Scenario-based questions covering the core and relevant specialist function
- The apprentice must pass both sections to achieve a pass overall
- 70% must be achieved to gain a pass
- 85% must be achieved to gain a distinction
- Undertaken either on the employer’s premises or off-site under controlled conditions.
- The apprentice will complete a project based on an opportunity/challenge/idea to make an improvement to the business, e.g. customer experience, reducing wastage
- The project must be based on the relevant specialist function
- The apprentice will plan, research and submit the 2000-5000 word project to their employer and the independent end-point assessor
- The apprentice will also present the project to the independent assessor and the employer in a formal 30 minute presentation with a question and answer session.
- 4 hour observation of the apprentice in the working environment
- Time may be split to cover preparation and service
- Shows apprentice covering a range of tasks in their specialist function.
- Verbal questioning permitted (on completion of the activity, within the allocated time) to clarify observations.
- A structured, 90 minute (+/- 10%) discussion between the apprentice and their independent end-point assessor
- Covering key areas of the standard, the apprenticeship training experience, and skills and knowledge acquired during the programme
- The discussion will be led by the independent assessor and the agenda will be communicated in advance
- The line manager may be, but is not required to be, present during the discussion.
- Training provider resource library
- EPA Specification
- Apprentice Get Ready Guide
How to engage with PAL.
Engaging with PAL couldn’t be easier. Simply contact us at email@example.com or on 0800 1601899. Our senior team will contact you to find out about your requirements in more detail and discuss how we might need to adapt our approach to meet your needs. Once you are happy that PAL is the right fit for your programme, we set up your account, share our library of resources and support you to register your apprentices. You can then rest assured that you have a dedicated team on hand to guide you through your EPA journey and provide a responsive service when your apprentices are ready to be assessed.