End-point Assessment Requirements
Before an apprentice can progress to End-point Assessment, they must have achieved the relevant Functional Skills qualifications (or their equivalents). These are English, maths and (where applicable) ICT.
Level 2 apprentices are required to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications (or equivalent) and attempt Level 2 Functional Skills assessments both English and maths.
Level 3 (or Higher) apprentices are required to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications (or equivalent) in both English and maths.
- 90 minute on demand multiple choice test
- 35 Scenario based questions with 4 response options per question
- 25 questions will relate to the core within the standard and 10 to the relevant specialism
- The apprentice must pass both sections to achieve a pass overall
- 70% must be achieved to gain a pass
- 85% must be achieved to gain a distinction
- Undertaken either on the employer’s premises or off site under exam conditions
- Apprentices will undertake a comprehensive project during their 2 month end point assessment period, focussing on an opportunity, challenge or idea that will improve the business.
- 2 page synopsis of the project must be submitted to the End-point Assessor at the initial planning meeting
- Project must demonstrate a wider understanding of the business and how improvements can be implemented
- Recommendations will be made to management based on initial research
- Written project report of 9000 words (+/- 10%) must be submitted a minimum of 7 working days before the professional discussion.
The professional discussion provides an opportunity for the apprentice to articulate examples of their competence in relation to the core and specialist standards. To prepare for the discussion the apprentice will collate feedback on their performance from their superior, a peer and direct report. The apprentice will be judged on their ability to utilise and reflect on this feedback.
- 90 minutes discussion between the apprentice and independent assessor
- The discussion will be led by the independent assessor and the agenda will be communicated in advance
- The line manager may be, but is not required to be, present during the discussion.
- Training provider resource library
- EPA Specification
- Apprentice Get Ready Guide
How to engage with PAL.
Engaging with PAL couldn’t be easier. Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0800 1601899. Our senior team will contact you to find out about your requirements in more detail and discuss how we might need to adapt our approach to meet your needs. Once you are happy that PAL is the right fit for your programme, we set up your account, share our library of resources and support you to register your apprentices. You can then rest assured that you have a dedicated team on hand to guide you through your EPA journey and provide a responsive service when your apprentices are ready to be assessed.