End-point Assessment Requirements
Before an apprentice can progress to End-point Assessment, they must have achieved the relevant Functional Skills qualifications (or their equivalents). These are English, maths and (where applicable) ICT.
Level 2 apprentices are required to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications (or equivalent) and attempt Level 2 Functional Skills assessments both English and maths.
Level 3 (or Higher) apprentices are required to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications (or equivalent) in both English and maths.
On Demand Test
- 90 minute on demand multiple choice test
- 70% must be achieved to gain a pass; 85% must be achieved to gain a distinction
- Apprentices must pass all sections of the test to achieve a pass overall
- Scenario based questions covering the knowledge requirements in the culinary, food safety, people and business aspects of the standard
- Externally set and marked by the assessment organisation
- Undertaken either on the employer’s premises or off site under controlled conditions
- 2 hour observation in a controlled environment
- Main course – from the organisation’s menu
- Dessert – base dessert category issued by assessor, must be adapted to reflect customer demand/seasonality.
- 3 hour observation of the apprenticein their working environment
- Time may be split to cover preparation and service
- Demonstrates the apprentice working in an operational kitchen environment, producing food to standard.
- Focusing on the recipe log to demonstrate competence across the culinary range
- The recipe log must record and demonstrate how the apprentice has prepared and cooked dishes to meet the standard across the culinary range over a period of time
- The discussion will be led by the independent assessor and the agenda will be communicated in advance
- The line manager is required to be present during the discussion.
- Training provider resource library
- EPA Specification
- Apprentice Get Ready Guide
How to engage with PAL.
Engaging with PAL couldn’t be easier. Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0800 1601899. Our senior team will contact you to find out about your requirements in more detail and discuss how we might need to adapt our approach to meet your needs. Once you are happy that PAL is the right fit for your programme, we set up your account, share our library of resources and support you to register your apprentices. You can then rest assured that you have a dedicated team on hand to guide you through your EPA journey and provide a responsive service when your apprentices are ready to be assessed.