End-point Assessment Requirements
Before an apprentice can progress to End-point Assessment, they must have achieved the relevant Functional Skills qualifications (or their equivalents). These are English, maths and (where applicable) ICT.
Level 2 apprentices are required to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications (or equivalent) and attempt Level 2 Functional Skills assessments both English and maths.
Level 3 (or Higher) apprentices are required to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications (or equivalent) in both English and maths.
On Demand Test
- 2 hour (including 30 minutes reading time) on-demand, multiple choice test
- The apprentice must pass all sections to achieve a pass overall
- 70% must be achieved to gain a pass
- 85% must be achieved to gain a distinction
- Scenario based questions covering the knowledge requirements in the culinary, food safety, people and business aspects of the standard
- Externally set and marked by the assessment organisation
- Undertaken either on the employer’s premises or off-site under controlled conditions.
- Design a three dish, by three course menu in line with organisation’s standards, current industry trends and costings
- Covering a range of food groups
- Cook one dish from each course on the menu
- 3-hour observation in a controlled environment.
- 4 hour observation of the apprentice in their working environment
- Time may be split to cover preparation and service
- Demonstrates the apprentice working in an operational kitchen environment, producing food to standard.
- 90 minute structured discussion
- Focusing on the recipe log to demonstrate competence across the culinary range
- The recipe log must cover at least 7 food groups including meat, poultry, game, fish and shellfish
- The recipe log must record and demonstrate how the apprentice has prepared and cooked complex dishes over the course of the programme
- The discussion will be led by the independent assessor and the agenda will be communicated in advance
- The line manager is required to be present during the discussion.
- Training provider resource library
- EPA Specification
- Apprentice Get Ready Guide
How to engage with PAL.
Engaging with PAL couldn’t be easier. Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0800 1601899. Our senior team will contact you to find out about your requirements in more detail and discuss how we might need to adapt our approach to meet your needs. Once you are happy that PAL is the right fit for your programme, we set up your account, share our library of resources and support you to register your apprentices. You can then rest assured that you have a dedicated team on hand to guide you through your EPA journey and provide a responsive service when your apprentices are ready to be assessed.