End-point Assessment Requirements
On-Demand Knowledge Test
- 60 minutes, (including reading time) on-demand test multiple choice test
- Covers a range of knowledge from across the standard
- Externally set and marked automatically by the assessment organisation
- Undertaken either on the employer’s premises or off site
- The test must be passed before proceeding to the next stages of assessment
The test predominantly focuses on non-organisation specific knowledge outlined in the apprenticeship standard such as regulations and laws, business fundamentals and project management principles.
The knowledge test has a 20% weighting.
Project and Presentation
The assessment plan allows the apprentice during on-programme phase to determine the project title and terms of reference and the project can be worked on and developed from month nine of the programme
The assessment plan notes the project can be based on either a project the apprentice has worked on (that is taken an active role and ideally led the project) or a process they have improved
The project presentation will be a presentation delivered by the apprentice to the independent endpoint assessor. The project will be an original project or a presentation on an improved existing process
The presentation should last 10-15 minutes with a further 10-15 minute Q&A session
Presentation will be recorded. The project and presentation account for 40% of the weighting.
The portfolio must contain as a minimum, eight pages of evidence, to cover the standards. This evidence can be a combination of product evidence, testimonies and peer reports, candidate reports, on-programme observations, professional discussions and recorded Q&A sessions. There must be one observation/evaluation from the employer
- The portfolio should be submitted to the End-point Assessment Organisation 1 month before the interview takes place
- The portfolio-based interview will last for 30-45 minutes
- The interview will assess the apprentice’s competence, self-reflection, judgement and understanding of their entire apprenticeship journey.
- The portfolio-based interview accounts for 40% of the overall weighting.
- Training provider resource library
- EPA Specification
- Apprentice Get Ready Guide
How to engage with PAL.
Engaging with PAL couldn’t be easier. Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0800 1601899. Our senior team will contact you to find out about your requirements in more detail and discuss how we might need to adapt our approach to meet your needs. Once you are happy that PAL is the right fit for your programme, we set up your account, share our library of resources and support you to register your apprentices. You can then rest assured that you have a dedicated team on hand to guide you through your EPA journey and provide a responsive service when your apprentices are ready to be assessed.