The interview focusses on the apprentice’s knowledge, skills and behaviours relating to hydraulics, suspension, electronic gears, use of information technology, ordering of parts, teamwork and receiving and providing feedback.
● The underpinning portfolio of evidence is completed during the on-programme period of the apprenticeship and must be submitted to the EPAO at the gateway
● The portfolio must contain a minimum of 2 pieces of evidence related and mapped to each of the knowledge, skills, and behaviours (KSBs) that will be assessed by the interview
● The portfolio could contain job cards, quotes and costings, purchase orders/order forms, photographic records, screenshots, video clips, handover records, product evidence, employer/customer feedback or complaint records
● The portfolio cannot contain any methods of self-assessment or witness testimonies
● The end-point assessor will review the portfolio and use it to identify areas for the interview – it is not directly assessed
● The interview must last 45 minutes (+10% at the EPA’s discretion)
● The apprentice will be asked 10 open questions plus follow up questions to clarify evidence and probe further if required
● The portfolio of evidence must be present during the discussion and the apprentice must refer to, and draw on,
● Webinar or video conferencing software can be used for the assessment.