The ‘Senior Chef, Production Cooking’ apprenticeship standard has now been reviewed and the updated apprenticeship is now entitled ‘Senior Production Chef’.
There are several changes to the assessment plan for the standard. These changes apply to apprentices enrolling onto the programme from the 7th of January 2019
Some of the key changes to the assessment methods in the plan are as follows:
- The Business Project with presentation assessment component has been removed.
- There are now 3 assessment components. These are Knowledge test, Observation and Professional Discussion.
- The time limit for the Knowledge Test component has been reduced from 2 hours to 90 minutes (including 30 minutes reading time).
- The number of multiple choice questions in the Knowledge Test has been reduced from 52 to 45.
- The Professional Discussion has been reduced from 90 minutes to 60 minutes.
In addition, the areas tested within this standard have changed to include the following:
- Kitchen Operations
- Legal and Governance
- Business and Commercial
To access the new Assessment Plan, please visit the Institute for Apprenticeships Website HERE.
Please contact us if you need support with this, or any other End-point Assessment query.