End-point Assessment Requirements
Level 2 Award in Maritime Studies: STCW Safety – which includes regulatory fire-fighting, first aid, survival in the water, safety and social responsibility, and security awareness
Log Book to help the apprentice to answer questions as part of the oral test during the end-point assessment. In the Log Book the apprentice must demonstrate the following:
- The role of the maritime caterer in case of a specified emergency on board
- The importance of maritime codes and conventions to the maritime caterer job role – including STCW and the MARPOL (marine pollution) Convention
- Hygiene, food safety legislation, stock storage, stock taking and stock rotation
- Delivery of an excellent on board customer service experience
- Nutrition and healthy eating, menu planning to meet different needs on board, menu costing and budgeting
- Behaviours expected of a maritime caterer on board a vessel.
4-hours (+/-10%) the apprentice is required to demonstrate
- Cooking a range of foods
- Preparation and presentation of a three course meal
- Preparation of a hot and cold buffet counter
- Preparation of two menus
Grading pass or distinction.
- 12 scenario based questions
- Duration 60 minutes (+/-10%)
- Log book can be referred to
- Questions cover the essential log-book requirements and aspects of competence the apprentices are required to demonstrate within the log book recordings
- Grading pass or distinction.
- Training provider resource library
- EPA Specification
- Apprentice Get Ready Guide
How to engage with PAL.
Engaging with PAL couldn’t be easier. Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0800 1601899. Our senior team will contact you to find out about your requirements in more detail and discuss how we might need to adapt our approach to meet your needs. Once you are happy that PAL is the right fit for your programme, we set up your account, share our library of resources and support you to register your apprentices. You can then rest assured that you have a dedicated team on hand to guide you through your EPA journey and provide a responsive service when your apprentices are ready to be assessed.